Arnoul Belin is the first resident of this place. When the Sainte Chapelle was built, shortly before 1392, it was very necessary to think of appointing the person responsible for the conservation of the treasure of the Sainte Chapelle quickly.
Therefore, it was the treasurer Arnoul Belin.
The Hôtel des Trésoriers de la Sainte Chapelle was built, and the only vestige of which is our gate, dating back to 1418.
With a treasury of around 300 jewels, books, ornaments, reliquaries and silverware, much more than at the Sainte Chapelle in Paris.
One can find an inscription on the porch, today illegible, but very present; it was indicated there: "Arnoul Belin, first treasurer of the Palace of Bourges, had this hotel built in 1418 for him and the successor treasurers".